Heed The Words Of Yo
“What Anime Teaches Us Version 1″ from They Never Told Me Not To
LIVE, LAUGH & GLOMP:
Yo has begun closing every performance with this mantra, hoping to spread the teachings of Vash the Stampede, and hoping to make the world a conduit for Love and Peace. Ideally, one’s life should be a scavenger hunt, collecting the pieces of one’s greater dream, forming the puzzle of their desire, which can be traded for 100 gil at the local inn, where one may upgrade one’s Limit Breaker.
When bringing new viewers into Anime, there are several guidelines. Hence the need for…
Uncle Yo’s 10 Commandments for Watching New Anime
- Thou shall not judge a new anime based on its title. Look at Bleach…
- Thou shall not judge an anime based on its opening theme.
- Thou shall not judge based on its random misuse of English (because at least they’re trying).
- Not by said anime’s opening theme song’s random misuse of English.
- Thou shall not judge a new anime based on its first episode. It’s call the bait-and-switch people, be aware of it.
- Thou shall not judge based on the fan girls.
- Thou shall not steal new anime from the Internet….unless thou intends to share with thine anime club.
- Thou shall accept that gravity is optional. Especially when dealing with hair.
- Thou shall not say the manga was better unless thou hath read the manga.
- Thou shall forgive thy parent’s for calling anime “cartoons,” and thus grouping Spike Spiegel and Light Yagami with Mickey Mouse, Bugs Bunny and SpongeBob Squarepants.